FLINT, Mich. - Police in Michigan are looking for a man believed to be responsible for the stabbing deaths of five men and the wounding of eight others since May.
All but one of the victims has been black, but authorities aren't ready to call the attacks racially motivated, according to The Detroit News and Detroit Free Press on Friday.
Ten attacks occurred in Flint, which is a predominantly black city about 50 miles northwest of Detroit and three others were in nearby communities.
"We don't know if he's targeting male blacks or that's who he's coming across walking late at night," Flint Police Sgt. J. Leigh Golden told the Free Press.
Officials said all the victims were stabbed and one person is thought to be behind them.
Survivors have said they were attacked by a muscular-built white man with light-colored hair. In some cases they were asked for directions or told of truck troubles before being attacked.
The most recent victim, 49-year-old Arnold Minor, was found dead Monday in Flint.
He had been walking home after dinner at his brother's home and a visit with his mother, his sister Stephanie Ward told The Detroit News. Buses had stopped running for the night and Minor decided to walk the 10 miles home.
"When they found him, he wasn't far from home," Ward said. "He bled to death on the street. You don't know what goes through somebody's mind to do something like that."
Rashandia Jones works at the cleaners not far from where Minor's body was found.
"We're just trying to get the word out to our friends and family," said Jones told the Free Press. "Watch where you're at."